Attorney, Founding Partner
I am a born and raised Nashville native. My family has been in Middle Tennessee for more than 100 years, running small businesses in both the wood mill and landscaping industries. The son of a school teacher, I was taught from a very early age the importance of working hard and helping others. When I was young, my family went through some very difficult times related to financial and legal matters. Because I was so young, I did not understand what was going on. What I did understand was that when the lawyers helping my parents called, the tears stopped and peace came to our home. I view my job as an attorney as helping my clients through the confusion, fear and anxiety that being involved in making a claim or pursuing a lawsuit brings to them. I want them and their children to see me the way I saw lawyers as a child: as someone who is there to help and makes things better.
I am a graduate of Montgomery Bell Academy and the University of the South. Since graduating from Vanderbilt University Law School, I have focused my practice on helping those who have been injured through the fault of someone else. I am a past member of the Board of Governors of the Tennessee Association for Justice, a past board member and the CLE Chairman of the Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division and member of the Tennessee Bar Association. I am a Fellow of the Nashville Bar Foundation and a graduate of the Nashville Bar Foundation Leadership program.
Since 2012 I have held an AV rating with Martindale-Hubbell. In 2012 I received the Client Distinction Award from Martindale-Hubbell. In 2013 I was honored to receive the Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division President’s Award as recognition of my efforts in organizing and moderating a continuing legal education program with the civil judges in Davidson County. From 2014-2021 I was selected to Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Stars list.
- Montgomery Bell Academy – 2000
- The University of the South – 2004 – B.A. English
- Bachelor of Arts – English
- Order of Gownsmen
- Phi Gamma Delta – Historian
- Vanderbilt University Law School – 2007
- Journal of Entertainment Law and Practice
- Research Assistant to Professor Michael Vandenberg – The New Wal-Mart Effect: The Role of Private Contracting in Global Governance – UCLA Law Review 2007
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association – Member 2007 – Present, Past Member of the Board of Governors
- Nashville Bar Association – Member 2007 – Present, Past Young Lawyers Division Board Member, Past Young Lawyers Division Continuing Legal Education Chair
- Nashville Bar Foundation – Leadership Program Participant, Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association – Member 2007 – Present
Honors and Awards:
- Fellow, Nashville Bar Foundation
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award
- Nashville Bar Association Young Lawyers Division President’s Award
- Super Lawyers Mid-South Rising Stars List 2014-2021